Trapets is on a growth journey in our mission to help businesses with the technology and knowledge needed to fight financial crime. We are now looking for a Surveillance Officer to join our Stockholm team. This position is a 16-month full-time parental leave cover.
Trapets is a market leader in providing cutting-edge RegTech SaaS solutions for the financial industry to prevent financial crime and to assure regulatory compliance. Trapets’ services simplify advanced monitoring of customers’ daily operations – from initial and ongoing customer screening to detecting money laundering, terror financing and fraud. Trapets also provides services for trading surveillance including detection of insider trading and market manipulation.
About the Role at Trapets
Market Surveillance covers all order events and trades in equities, derivatives and other financial instruments and is adapted to comply with the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR). We use our in-house developed software system Instantwatch to analyse orders and trades and to handle alerts, identify deviant behaviours and investigate suspicious insider trading and market manipulation.
The Financial Crime Surveillance team operates Trapets’ Managed Services for Market Surveillance and AML Transaction Monitoring, serving around 15 customers based both in Sweden and abroad, by handling their outsourced operational market surveillance.
We are on an exciting journey with clear goals of global expansion and growth. Right now, we have an opportunity for a Surveillance Officer during a 16-month parental leave to come join our growing and dynamic Financial Crime Surveillance team in Stockholm.
Our Financial Crime Surveillance team use Trapets' surveillance systems, Instantwatch, to monitor orders, transactions, and market data in order to detect, investigate and report suspicious market abuse and money laundering in accordance with the money laundering and market abuse directives.
- Monitor, detect, investigate, and report orders and trades in financial instruments and monetary transactions.
- Partly monitor transactions and KYC data to identify and investigate suspicious behaviours in relation to AML/CTF regulations.
- Contribute with knowledge and experience to improve and streamline processes, routines, and procedures.
- Search, collect and compile information and data through different channels, as part of the investigative work relating to the daily surveillance
- Present the outcome of investigations carried out and assess related suspicions, followed by adequate recommendations to our customers about what measures to be taken as the next step for the cases reported to them.
- Daily contact with customers, both for incoming issues and for outgoing communication
- Work in line with customers guidelines and instructions and with respect to laws regulations and best practice.
- Keep up to date with current and future laws, regulations and best practice in the field of financial crime compliance
If you believe you are the right candidate for this exciting opportunity, please apply today.
If you have questions and/or thoughts, contact Amanda Nylander by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trapets is a fast-growing and value-driven expert company operating in the regtech industry. With over 20 years in business, we specialise in services and solutions for automatic monitoring and compliance for the global financial industry. We are the market leader in the Nordic region in supervision against money laundering/terrorist financing and supervision of securities trading. Our customer base consists of well-known banks and finance companies mainly in the Nordic region, but also across northern Europe, South America, and Asia. We are around 75 employees and have offices in Stockholm, London, and Hanoi. For more info: www.trapets.com